November NDIA Luncheon
November 7, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Mr. Harnig is the Tier 1 Contracting Competency Lead/Chief of the Contracting Office (CCO) at Space and Naval Warfare Center (SPAWAR) Systems Center (SSC) Atlantic. He is responsible for all contract actions awarded and administered at SSC Atlantic. With a total obligation authority of more than $3 billion, the center operates from its main campus in Charleston, South Carolina. Mr. Harnig supervises more than 125 contracting professionals, including 17 supervisory Contracting Officers with unlimited warrants.
Prior to his appointment to the CCO position he served in several Contracting Officer/leadership roles in the Competency. He successfully led non-ACAT acquisitions for C4ISR services and supplies, and also led acquisitions for ACAT programs such as: Joint Tactical Radio Systems (JTRS) Network Enterprise Domain (NED); Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) to Legacy Ultra High Frequency Satellite Communications Gateway Component (MLGC); and the DoD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM).
Mr. Harnig previously served as the CCO at the Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) in Mayport, Florida (a NAVSEA field activity). As the CCO, he was in charge of all contract actions related to ship repair and maintenance for the various ships assigned to Mayport as their home port. He led a major reorganization of contract operations at SERMC and supervised approximately 30 contracting and property professionals.
Mr. Harnig started his contracting career with the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) at the Training Systems Division (TSD) in Orlando, Florida. From 1993 to 2005 he completed multiple assignments in various positions which included the acting Division Head for Electronic Acquisitions. Additionally, he was the first trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from the contracts competency. He was also selected for, and participated in, the NAVAIR Senior Executive Management Development Program (SEMDP). His experience with TSD included positions as a Contract Specialist, Contracting Officer, Team Leader, and acting Division Head.
- **Online registration closes at midnight on Monday, NOVEMBER 5, 2018 **WALK-IN PRICE IS $50 PER PERSON **Free hotel parking and on street side **Valet Parking – Pay on your own
- ***ATTENTION ANNUAL LUNCHEON HOLDER! You’re covered for this event and no need to register. If unable to attend, please send alternate attendee name to [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.***
- **Cancellation must be made 72 HOURS prior to the meeting. No refunds will be made, if cancellation request is made within 72 hours.**If you’re unable to attend and would like to send an alternate person, please email to [email protected].
- IMPORTANT REMINDER TO GOVERNMENT REGISTRANTS:
- *To qualify for the Government Fee, your email address MUST be…NAVY.MIL and NOT…[email protected]
- *Example: Acceptable government email address: [email protected] and NOT acceptable email address: [email protected]