- This event has passed.
September Luncheon Meeting
September 13 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
A luncheon meeting with networking opportunities for small and large businesses, government agencies, and prime contractors.
Melvin K. Yokoyama, Jr.
Captain, U.S. Navy
A native of the Big Island of Hawaii, Captain Yokoyama holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Jacksonville University and a Master of Science degree in Systems Engineering (Information Warfare and Electrical Systems Engineering subspecialties) from the Naval Postgraduate School. A designated Naval Flight Officer in the Unrestricted Line (URL) community, Capt. Yokoyama is a member of the Defense Acquisition Corps and a Level II Joint-qualified Officer.
At-sea assignments include duties as commanding officer and executive officer of Tactical Air Control Squadron TWELVE (TACRON 12), Air Officer for the Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Ready Group, Officer-of-the-Deck (underway) for the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76), officer-in-charge commander Task Group 57.1 (Manama, Bahrain and Al Udeid, Qatar), officer-in-charge commander Task Group 72.5 (Misawa and Okinawa, Japan), EP-3E operations officer for Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron ONE (VQ-1), and ES-3A electronic warfare mission commander for Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron SIX (VQ-6) deployed onboard the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) and USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67).
Acquisition and shore assignments include duties as principal assistant program manager (PAPM) at PEO C4I Information Assurance and Cyber Security Program Office (PMW-130), assistant program manager (APM) for SPAWAR’s Data Center and Application Optimization (DCAO) program office, chief of staff for the Department of the Navy’s Data Center Consolidation Task Force, deputy commander and Tomahawk Land Attack Missile (TLAM) C4I officer for U.S. Strategic Command’s (USSTRATCOM) Cruise Missile Support Activity Pacific, and as a graduate student in the Information Warfare curriculum at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Capt. Yokoyama recently returned from a one-year global war on terrorism (GWOT) individual augmentation (IA) assignment to the U.S. Embassy, Baghdad, Iraq where he served as the senior military advisor to the Iraqi Minister of Defense in support of Operation INHERENT RESOLVE. Capt.Yokoyama’s personal awards include the Legion of Merit, Defense Meritorious Service Medal (two awards), Meritorious Service Medal (two awards), Air Medal (individual award), the Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal (three awards), the Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal (three awards), and various unit awards and campaign medals.
- **Online registration will close at midnight on SEPTEMBER 8, 2017. **WALK-IN PRICE IS $50 PER PERSON **Free hotel parking and on street side **Valet Parking – Pay on your own
- ***ATTENTION ANNUAL LUNCHEON HOLDER! You’re covered for this event and no need to register. If unable to attend, please send alternate attendee name to [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.***
- **Cancellation must be made 72 HOURS prior to the meeting. No refunds will be made, if cancellation request is made within 72 hours.**If you’re unable to attend and would like to send an alternate person, please email to [email protected]
- IMPORTANT REMINDER TO GOVERNMENT REGISTRANTS:
- *To qualify for the Government Fee, your email address MUST be…NAVY.MIL and NOT…[email protected]
- *Example: Acceptable government email address: [email protected] and NOT acceptable email address: [email protected]
- Discounted hotel room rates are available to registrants of all NDIA-SD events at: https://www.hotelsitepros.com/