February 6, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Mr. Michael F. MacDonald
Deputy Director, U.S. Navy TENCAP
Chief of Naval Operations N2N6
A native of Salisbury, Massachusetts, Mr. MacDonald served 30 years in the U.S. Navy as an Enlisted Cryptologic Technician (Collection), Chief Warrant Officer and Limited Duty Officer. He retired from the U.S. Navy in 2004 and returned to Government Service in 2011 where now he serves as Deputy Director, U.S. Navy TENCAP.
He has extensive experience in systems engineering, research and development, prototyping, testing, training and fielding of advanced state-of-the-art tactical Cryptologic and Information Warfare systems in support of Navy and Joint forces.
Mr. MacDonald served a majority of his Navy career in cryptologic capable surface combatants deployed to the Atlantic, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Black Sea and the Middle East. He qualified as an Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist (ESWS) on USS DEYO (DD 989) in 1984 and as a Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) on USS TICONDEROGA (CG 47) in 1991.
Key shore assignments include Fleet Integration and Testing Officer at Naval Information Warfare Activity, Deputy Director Cryptologic and Information Operations Training at Commander Naval Security Group, Force Cryptologist/Intelligence and Cryptologic Systems Officer at Commander Naval Surface Forces Atlantic, and as the Cryptologic and Electronic Warfare Training Officer at Fleet Combat Training Center, Atlantic.
He worked in the space and defense industry from 2004 to 2011 on the DDG-1000 Information Warfare systems design team and as a Systems Engineer and Technical Advisor to SPAWAR PEO C4ISR and Space, IO Battle Space Awareness and Information Operations PMW-120.
His military awards include the Meritorious Service Medal (2 awards), the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Navy Commendation Medal (3 awards), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Award, Good Conduct Medal (3 awards) and various unit and campaign awards.
He earned a BA in Business Management from Saint Leo College and is member of the Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association, American Society of Naval Engineers and the Association of Old Crows.
- **Online registration will close at MIDNIGHT on FEBRUARY 4, 2019. **WALK-IN PRICE IS $50 PER PERSON **Free Parking on street side
- ***ATTENTION ANNUAL LUNCHEON HOLDER! You’re covered for this event and no need to register. If unable to attend, please send alternate attendee name to [email protected].***
- **Cancellation must be made 72 HOURS prior to the meeting. NO REFUNDS will be made, if cancellation request is made within 72 hours.**If you’re unable to attend and would like to send an alternate person, please email to [email protected].
- IMPORTANT REMINDER TO GOVERNMENT REGISTRANTS:
- *To qualify for the Government Fee, your email address MUST be…NAVY.MIL and NOT…[email protected]
- *Example: Acceptable government email address: [email protected] and NOT acceptable email address: [email protected]
- *Difference in fee will be collected if you do not meet this requirement.