September 11, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
A luncheon meeting with networking opportunities for small and large businesses, government agencies, and prime contractors.
Christopher Raney is a native of San Diego, California, and a graduate of San Diego State University. Raney graduated Summa Cum Laude with both bachelor’s and master’s of science degrees in Computer Science. Upon graduation, Raney received the prestigious “Outstanding Computer Science Graduate” award, given to the top graduate in computer science each year.
After graduation in 2004, he joined the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center San Diego, now the Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific), as a computer scientist. Raney has worked in a broad spectrum of areas, including Net-Centric Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Warfare, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Autonomy, Artificial Intelligence, Enterprise Networks, Communications, and Command and Control.
In 2007, Raney was selected as the Navy co-lead for the Maritime Domain Awareness Data Sharing Community of Interest pilot technical working group. Raney shaped the pilot to be considered the exemplar for netcentric information by the Department of Defense Chief Information Officer.
In 2009, Raney was selected to be the Office of Naval Research Science Advisor assigned to the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Dominance (DCNO N2/N6) in Washington DC. During this tour he served as the technical director for Navy Networks and liaison to the science and technology community.
In 2010, Raney returned to San Diego to head the Network-Centric Command Systems branch. Raney led an effort to establish the Department of Defense’s first mobile application store, the DOD Storefront, and established the Navy’s Application Store, the PEO-C4I Storefront.
In 2014, Raney became the division head for the Command and Control Technology and Experimentation Division at NIWC Pacific. Raney led more than 150 scientists and engineers engaged in Research and Development supporting the full range of Command & Control Computer, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) to ultimately help the warfighter make better decisions.
In 2018, Raney assumed the role of Deputy Executive Director / Technical Director at NIWC Pacific. In this Senior Science and Technology Manager level role he is responsible for developing an integrated C4ISR, cyber and space technical vision and for identifying new technology solutions that can benefit NIWC Pacific projects and the warfighter.
- **Online registration closes at midnight on Monday, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 **WALK-IN PRICE IS $50 PER PERSON **Parking will be validated and make sure to get your parking sticker at the registration desk. **Valet Parking – Pay on your own
- ***ATTENTION ANNUAL LUNCHEON HOLDER! You’re covered for this event and no need to register. If unable to attend, please send alternate attendee name to [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.***
- **Cancellation must be made 72 HOURS prior to the meeting. No refunds will be made, if cancellation request is made within 72 hours.**If you’re unable to attend and would like to send an alternate person, please email to [email protected].
- IMPORTANT REMINDER TO GOVERNMENT REGISTRANTS:
- *To qualify for the Government Fee, your email address MUST be…NAVY.MIL and NOT…[email protected]
- *Example: Acceptable government email address: [email protected] and NOT acceptable email address: [email protected]