What are the goals of the SoCal Cyber Cup Challenge?
• Educate students about Information Assurance and cyber security
• Foster a spirit of team work, effective communication, ethical behavior,
both within and across teams
• Encourage career considerations in cyber
Why you should consider becoming a mentor?
Cyber touches every facet of our lives today. By agreeing to become a mentor,
you are helping to provide a team of 5-8 students with the skills and
knowledge for them to pursue a career in cyber security.
Do I need cyber knowledge or experience to participate?
Not really, although it does help if you are going to mentor a team. Where you come in, is experience ,
building checklists and more.
What is the time commitment?
We request that the mentors allocate time for at least one face-to-face meeting
with their teams. You should plan on a minimum of 2-hours a week. Many
mentors give much, much more! The pay-back is endless! Working with the
students is incredible and a real joy!
How do I sign up?
• Visit: http://signup.com/go/iKfNAUz
• Go to the mentor registration link and enter your information
• If you are a coach, you should enter your school name in the ”comment”
field. Coaches should sign up prior to the students so your school will show
in the team selection category.
• If you are a mentor, enter the school or area you wish to associate your
time with in the comment field
Can I get an overview of the Challenge?
Yes, go to http://socal.cc and you will see a link to the Orientation.
The kids are excited and we are too! Please consider…